Baked Spaghetti with Italian Sausage
A delicious twist on traditional spaghetti.
CategoryBaked Goods, Casseroles
For 8 Persons
- 8 oz spaghetti (or linguine)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups shredded italian six cheese blend (optional: blend of mozzarella and parmesan)
- 4 italian sausages
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- Heat the grill to 350°F (177°C) for direct cooking (grilling). Use softened butter or non-stick cooking spray to coat the inside of an 8” oven safe baking dish. Grill the Italian sausages until done and set aside.
- Add the spaghetti to boiling water and cook “al dente” (9-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Beat the eggs and add to the spaghetti and mix thoroughly. Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add the mixture to the baking dish.
- Quarter the sausages and evenly place them on top of the spaghetti mixture.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce on top of the sausages and spaghetti.
- Add the heat deflector racks and plates to the grill for indirect cooking.
- Place the dish uncovered in the grill and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheese on top of the spaghetti mixture and bake until the cheese is lightly browned (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove from the grill and allow it to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.