Leg of Lamb
Grilled Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
For 4 Persons
- 6.5 lb leg of lamb (bone in weight)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Fresh rosemary
- Season lamb with fresh cracked pepper (to taste), salt (to taste), chopped garlic and rosemary.
- Use butchers twine and tie the leg to hold the desired shape.
- Set grill for indirect cooking (use heat deflector plates) and heat to around 350°F.
- Place the lamb directly on grill over indirect heat (350°F) for approximately one hour. No need to flip while cooking. Ideal internal finish temperature is 140°F for medium rare and 150°F for well done.
Set aluminum pan on top of Heat Deflector Plate (under grill) to collect drippings. Be sure to check internal temperature at about 45 minutes as you do not want to overcook your lamb. Adjust time on grill depending on size of lamb
Trim all visible fat before seasoning and cooking. Lamb is higher in fat than many meats. Enjoy this great dish as a treat and limit your portion sizes. Serve with roasted potatoes, veggies and a low fat gravy or red wine jus. Roast potatoes can be cooked at same time by cutting up put in glass dish – sprinkle a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and cook with the lamb.