Maple Glazed Chicken Wings
Our Maple Glaze adds a mildly sweet and savory flavor to any cut of poultry, pork, or wild game.
Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
For 4 Persons
- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- 1.5 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 lemon (fresh squeezed juice)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Additional olive oil for brushing
- 7 tsp kosher salt
- 7 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper *For spicy wings
- Whisk the ingredients thoroughly, place in a pot, and allow it to come to a boil.
- Simmer until the salt is dissolved. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place the marinade and chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Set aside a portion of the marinade to brush on the wings while roasting.
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry. Lightly brush with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Build a mound of charcoal on one half of the grill. Heat the grill to 325°F.
- Place the chicken on the indirect side (opposite charcoal).
- Roast 20 minutes. Brush with marinade.
- Turn the chicken wings over, brush with marinade.
- Roast an additional 20 minutes.
- Move the wings to the direct side for 5 minutes to crisp up the skin. Turn frequently.
- Serve immediately.