Blackberry BBQ Sauce
Fresh blackberries make all the difference in this delicious blackberry BBQ sauce.
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup hot honey (can use regular honey)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons pork rub of choice, OR
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hand blender (food processor can work)
- Oven safe pot or cast iron
- Applewood chips or chunks
- Heat Primo to 275F set up for direct cooking.
- Throw a wood chunk or wood chips in the grill to get extra smoky flavor.
- Combine ingredients into an oven safe pot.
- Use hand blender to combine ingredients in the pan until you reach your desired consistency (if using food processor, combine in there).
- Optional: strain through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Throw a wood chunk or wood chip in the grill to get extra smoky flavor
- Place on grill, stirring occasionally until it thickens enough that you can draw a line on the spoon and stays.
- Remove from heat and pour into a jar or bowl. Allow to cook and use it wherever you would use BBQ sauce. We made pork tenderloin.
This recipe is intended for servings for up to 20 people. If you have a smaller gathering you can cut the ingredients and baking time in half.