Roasted Corn Salad
A fresh salad with the mild smoky flavor of roasted corn on the cob. Serve as a side dish or as a light and healthy meal.
For 10 Persons
- 8 ears Corn (shucked)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange) (chopped)
- 2, 15oz cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 whole limes (juiced)
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large handful of arugula
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 8 oz feta cheese (crumbled or cubed)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the grill to 350°F.
- Brush the ears of corn with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast the corn over direct heat and turn every few minutes to put a slight char to portions of the corn. Roast 15-20 minutes.
- In a large plastic or ceramic mixing bowl, add the bell pepper, lime juice, onion, black beans, tomatoes, apple cider, and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cut the kernels of corn off the cob making sure not to cut into the cob. Add the kernels to the mixing bowl and fold the ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- Add the arugula, salt and pepper to taste, fold to mix thoroughly. Top with feta cheese.
The salad can be served immediately, but the flavors will marry nicely if refrigerated overnight.