Sweet Potato Mash
Easy sweet potato mash makes a great side dish with pork.
For 4 Persons
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 0.5 cups milk
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cracked pepper (to taste)
- Wash potatoes and pierce them each a couple of times with a fork.
- Double wrap each potato in aluminum foil.
- Set Grill for indirect cooking (use heat deflector plates) and heat to between 350 - 450° F (the range of temperatures is okay and choose temperature that best suits the main dish that you are cooking on the grill)
- Place sweet potatoes directly on grill and ideally over indirect heat for approximately 1 hour (plus or minus based on size and heat).
- Take a pot holder or mitten to give the potatoes a squeeze. The potatoes are ready to come off when they are soft to the squeeze.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes and put the potatoes in a large sturdy bowl.
- Add milk, salt, pepper (to taste), and butter and mix with electric mixer or use a potato masher and mix or mash until smooth.
Add more or less milk to get desired consistency. Also a touch of cinnamon can go nicely with the sweet potatoes. You may also serve sweet potatoes right off your Primo.
Sweet potatoes are very healthy but due to the additions of milk and butter our health conscientious patrons should limit their portion size. Also you can use margarine (one based on canola or olive oil) instead of butter and skim milk instead of full cream.