James Boatright's Ribeye with Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
Come along with James Boatright as he cooks up a delicious surf n' turf with an Italian twist.
For 3 Persons
- 3 10-12oz ribeye steaks
- 1lb EZ-peel shrimp, raw, deveined, tail-on
- 1 box futtuccini or linguine pasta
- 1lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small carton heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp. garlic butter
- 1 small bag of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat your Primo to 300°F and stabilize, with one half set up for indirect cooking.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, adding a tbsp. of olive oil and 1/2 tbsp. of salt.
- Once the water is boiling, add your pasta of choice to the water and let it cook for about 13 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, place a medium cast iron skillet on your Primo to preheat.
- Drain and remove the pasta and set in a bowl of cold water for about 30 seconds (this slows the cooking process of the noodles) then remove and place the pasta in a bowl and cover for later.
- Take 3/4 cup of the garlic butter and place in your cast iron skillet, letting it melt. Then add your shrimp.
- Add Cajun seasoning to your liking and let the shrimp cook on both sides for 3-5 minutes each (until shrimp turns from translucent to opaque). This should be around 165°F internal temp.
- Add 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach.
- Bring mix to a light boil and switch from direct heat to indirect heat.
- Open bottom vent and top cap to heat your grill to 450-500°F and stabilize for a fast and hot cook on your ribeyes.
- Take your ribeyes and place on your cutting board. Coat them with an oil of your choice, then season with a light coat of Boatright's BBQ Sweet Beef Heat rub and a light coat of SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic).
- Place on grill over direct heat and let cook for about 2 minutes on each side. You are looking for an internal temperature of 130-135° for a medium rare steak.
- Pull and let rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Pour your shrimp and white sauce over your pasta and mix together.
- Plate your shrimp pasta with the steak and enjoy!