Corned Beef & Cabbage
Celebrate appropriately this St. Patrick's Day with Primo Pat's Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Prep Time4 h
- 3 lb corned beef brisket
- 1 head cabbage
- Primo Garlic Pepper Rub
- Olive oil
- Remove membrane layer and excess fat from brisket
- Soak in water for 4 hours, changing the water every hours to reduce salt levels. (trust us)
- Remove brisket and pat dry with paper towels
- Season brisket with Primo Garlic and Pepper Rub, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice cabbage into wedges, keeping the stem intact to keep the cabbage from falling apart.
- Toss wedges in oil and salt.
- Fill grill half-way with lump charcoal.
- Set up one deflector plate on the right side of your grill for 2-zone cooking.
- Preheat Primo to 275-300 degrees.
- Smoke brisket on indirect side of grill 1 1/2 hour per pound (internal temp-185).
- Take brisket off to rest
- Increase grill temp to 450 by opening top and bottom air controls.
- Grill cabbage until tender and charred (around 5 minutes per side)
- Slice, serve, enjoy!