Boatright's Seared Porterhouse & Shrimp
Come along with James Boatright as he sears us some juicy porterhouse steaks alongside succulent shrimp
Shrimp Prep Time10m
Steak Prep Time1 hour 5m
For 2 Persons
- 2 porterhouse steaks
- 1 lb EZ-peel shrimp, raw, deveined, tail-on
- Your favorite beef rub
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and place on the counter for 1 hour, bringing to room temperature.
- While steak is coming to temperature, preheat your Primo Ceramic Grill to 250°F and stabilize.
- Coat steak in thin layer of olive oil
- Season steak with your favorite rub, coating liberally on both sides. Rub the seasoning into the steak.
- Place steak on your Primo over indirect heat for 35 minutes or until steak is 10 degrees from your desired internal temperature. For a medium rare steak, you would remove at 120-125°F.
- Remove steak and wrap in aluminum foil and set aside.
- With Primo Grill already at 250°F, place your Primo griddle on the grill.
- Remove shell from your EZ peel jumbo shrimp
- Season shrimp with a light Cajun seasoning (mores seasoning will be added with the butter sauce)
- Place shrimp on bamboo skewers for easy flipping
- Lay your shrimp skewers on your Primo Griddle and let cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side, brushing on your butter sauce as you cook
- When done, remove, plate and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside to be served with the steak
- Open up your vents all the way to get the grill to 450°F
- You have two options for searing your steak:
- Use grill grates to sear and get those beautiful grill marks
- Use your Primo Griddle for a wonderful sear
- Bring to desired doneness and (130-135°F for a medium-rare steak)
- Top with Chimichurri sauce. Dig in and enjoy!