Slow Cooked Beef Stew
A hearty and savory blend of beef and vegetables that’s sure to fill you and warm you up on a chilly day.
Prep Time30 min
Cook Time4 hours
For 12 Persons
- 3 lb chuck roast (cut in bite size chunks)
- 1 large white onion (chopped)
- 6 whole carrots (chopped)
- 6 celery stalks (chopped)
- 3 cups kernel corn
- 12 large white mushrooms (chopped
- 6 medium baking potatoes (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1 package au jus mix
- 2.5 cups water
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- Salt and pepper
- Set up the grill for indirect cooking and heat to 275°F (135°C).
- In the 7 quart Dutch oven, add 2 cups of water, stir in the gravy and au jus mixes.
- Add all the ingredients (except the corn starch). Salt and pepper to taste. Fold with a large spoon to mix the ingredients.
- Mix the corn starch with 1/2 cup of water and whisk until thoroughly blended, set aside.
- Place the Dutch oven uncovered in the grill and allow to cook for 30 minutes (to add smokey flavor).
- Cover and allow to simmer for 3 hours.
- Add whisked cornstarch and water to Dutch oven and fold ingredients.
- Allow stew to simmer for another 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serve with warm bread and butter.