Cinnamon Sugar Donut Bread Pudding
Flavors of cinnamon and donut compliment this bread pudding nicely.
Bread Pudding Ingredients
- 12 cinnamon sugar donuts, roughly chopped
- 2 medium gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Caramel syrup
- Preheat Primo to 350 degrees using charcoal, leaving the vents open; being sure to arrange the deflector plates into place.
- Once preheated close the vents ¾ of the way.
- Chop and add donuts and apples to a large, cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and toss until coated and combined.
- In a medium saucepan combine the eggs, milk, cream, cubed butter and vanilla. Whisk until combined and warm and the butter is melted. Pour the mixture over the apple/donut mixture, making sure to saturate all the donut pieces.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the very center of the grill and close the lid. Allow the bread pudding to bake for about 20 minutes, until the custard mixture is absorbed and set.
- Open the lid and check on the bread pudding about every 5 minutes to be sure it’s cooking evenly (Turn or move the skillet as necessary).
- Remove from the heat and allow the bread pudding to cool and set for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the bread pudding onto a serving dish and garnish with whipped cream and/or caramel syrup. Serve immediately.