Garlic and Parsley Prawns
Prawns work well as a side or an entree. Serve alone or over a salad.
For 4 Persons
- 1.3 lbs fresh prawns
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 0.33 cup olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes in water.
- Peel and devein the prawns.
- In a large bowl stir together chopped garlic, olive oil and chopped parsley.
- Add prawns and stir until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for one hour stirring once or twice.
- Thread prawns onto skewers piercing once by the tail and once by the head.
- Set up grill for indirect heat with at least 1 heat deflecrtor plate and heat grill to 350°F.
- Grill over indirect heat 350° F for 3-4 minutes a side.
Find a great place to get fresh local prawns if you can. These are a terrific starter at any family or friends get together. Feel free to get creative with your seasoning of your prawns. If you prefer your prawns spicy, add some chopped fresh chili to the marinade mixture.
Be sure to use olive oil for this dish. (Ideally extra virgin cold pressed olive oil) Squeeze fresh lemon onto the prawns if desired and serve on a bed of fresh arugula or on a colorful salad.