Molly's Famous Onion Bombs
If you've stopped by the Primo booth at the BBQ Fests, you've probably tried this delicious snack. Impress your guests with Molly's Famous Onion Bombs
- 3 yellow onions
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3/4 cup of Primo BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. bacon
- Cut both ends off, peel outer layer, and discard.
- Cut onion to the core (not in half).
- Use your finger to separate the layers creating individual onion shells
- Mix ground beef with 1/4 a cup of BBQ sauce, as well as salt & pepper.
- Spoon beef mixture into the onion shells.
- Wrap each onion bomb in bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place onion bombs on indirect side of grill.
- Grill for 35 minutes.
- Move the onion bombs to the direct heat and baste with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Grill for another 10 minutes (or until the onions begin to caramelize
- Rest, serve, enjoy.