Rotisserie Whole Chickens
Make use of the Primo Rotisserie accessory with this delicious Smoked Rotisserie Whole Chicken recipe.
Inactive Prep Time1-12h
Cook Time1h 30m
For 10 Persons
- 2 (4-6 lbs) whole chicken
- 6 tablespoons Primo Chicken Tickler Seasoning & Dry Rub
- Remove the grill racks and set up the Primo Rotisserie.
- Heat the grill to 275-300°F and stabilize. Add some cherry wood chunks or chips for smokiness.
- Use butcher twine to truss the legs together and secure the wing tips.
- Push the spit rod through the chicken cavity. Position the chickens on the center of the spit rod and slide the rotisserie forks into the chicken with a gentle push. Tighten the screws on the tines.
- Once the chickens are secure on the spit rod, place the chicken on top of an aluminum pan or any deep long pan and generously season.
- Insert the spit rod with chicken into the rotisserie motor. Start the motor and close the lid.
- Roast for about 60-75 minutes or until the chicken is 145-150°F.
- Remove the spit rod with chicken while increasing the grill's internal temperature.
- Open bottom and top vents and increase the heat to 400°F.
- Insert the spit rod with the chicken back into the rotisserie motor and close the lid.
- Fire roast the chickens for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 160°F.
- Rest chicken on rod for 15 minutes before removing the spit rod. If possible, rest the chicken another 15 minutes before serving.