Peach Brined Pork Loin & Savory Vegetables
A tender and juicy pork loin enhanced with Peach flavor and savory vegetables.
Recommended: Cast iron skillet or roasting pan
Prep Time1 hour
Cook Time:2h 30m
For 10 Persons
- 4 lb pork loin
- 24 oz peach nectar
- 0.5 cup coarse sea salt
- 0.5 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 oz water
- 3 strips bacon (cut into thirds)
- 1 whole onion (quartered)
- 8 whole white mushrooms (halved)
- 12 stalks asparagus (trimmed)
- 4 oz peach jam or marmalade
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot, add the peach nectar, sea salt, brown sugar and water. Stir and bring to boil. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to the brine to come to room temperature.
- Place the pork loin in a sealable container or plastic bag and pour in the brine. Refrigerate overnight.
- Set up the grill for indirect cooking and heat to 225°F. Remove the loin from the brine, rinse and pat dry.
- Brush the cast iron skillet or roasting pan with olive oil. Place the pork loin “fat side” down.
- Place the bacon, onion, mushrooms and asparagus around the loin. Brush with olive oil. Salt and pepper the loin and vegetables to taste.
- Brush the top of the loin with peach jam 30-45 minutes prior to removing it from the grill.
- Depending on your preferred doneness, the internal target temperature range is 145-160°F (63-71°C).
- Remove from the grill and loosely cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes prior to slicing.