Simple Steak & Chicken Fajitas
Not every recipe needs to be complex to get great flavor from your Primo. Our Simple Steak & Chicken Fajitas are exceptional yet simple.
Inactive prep time1-12h
Cook Time2h 30m
For 4 Persons
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak
- 1 large onion (quartered and separated)
- 2 bell peppers (any color and sliced lengthwise)
- 1 small box white mushrooms (sliced)
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Steak seasoning of your choice
- Sea salt
- Side - shredded cheese
- Side - shredded lettuce
- Side - sour cream
- Side - salsa or pico de gallo
- Side - flour tortillas
- Side - hot sauce, chipotle tabasco (optional)
- Brush the bottom of the skillet with olive oil, place the vegetables in the skillet and drizzle with more olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, chili powder, and ground cumin. Salt to taste.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces, toss with olive oil, then sprinkle with smoked paprika, chili powder, and ground cumin. Salt to taste. Refrigerate for 1 to 12 hours.
- Brush the skirt steak with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite steak seasoning or the seasonings for the chicken. Refrigerate for 1 to 12 hours.
- Fill half the fire box with charcoal, light and wait 5 minutes, then place the skillet of vegetables on the indirect side. Allow the grill to heat to 400°F (205°C)...about 15 minutes. This will infuse more smoky flavor to the vegetables and allow them to soften a bit.
- When the grill reaches 400°F (205°C), move the iron skillet to the direct side of the grill over the charcoal. Stir occasionally to prevent to much charring. As soon as the onion begin to look transparent add the chicken to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes.
- Move the skillet back to the indirect side and place the skirt steak on the direct side. Grill steak 2 minutes each side or until it reaches your preferred doneness.
- Remove skillet of chicken and vegetables. Slice skirt steak across the meat grain so it is not stringy. Serve immediately with the sides.
- To make soft tortilla quickly, run water over both sides of the tortilla, put it on a plate and place it in a microwave on high for 30 seconds.