Garlic and Cinnamon Pork Loin Chops
For 2 Persons
- 16 oz pork loin chops (8oz. per person)
- Ground cinnamon
- Garlic powder
- Season both sides of Pork Loin Chops to taste with mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder and cinnamon.
- Set Grill for direct cooking (no heat deflector plates) and heat to 450°F (See notes if preparing with sides for alternate configuration)
- Grill over direct heat 450°F for seven minutes a side. Ideal internal temperature of pork loin chop is 160°F
- Set grill to 450°F with heat deflector on the right hand side.
- Put large sweet potatoes (wrapped in foil) on side of the grill with the D-Plate. Set timer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add extension rack over sweet potatoes and add baked apple dish.
- After 15 more minutes stir apples and begin cooking your pork loin chops. Add a handful of hickory chips when starting your fire for increased flavor.
Trim visible fat from Pork Loin Chops before cooking. Alternately use fresh chopped garlic instead of garlic powder, limit salt used in seasoning especially if you have high blood pressure or a family history of high blood pressure. Serve with apples, sweet potato as well as with green beans and broccoli.