Primo Baked Apples make a great side dish or dessert treat.
For 4 Persons
- 3 granny smith apples
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- 1 tbsb butter
- 0.5 cup apple juice
- Peel apples and cut up in wedges.
- Place apples in baking dish and sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- Melt tablespoon of butter in microwave safe dish.
- Combine brown sugar with butter and then pour over apples.
- Give apples a mix around with a spoon.
- Pour ½ cup of apple juice or water in dish.
- Set Grill for indirect cooking (use heat deflector plates) and heat to between 350 - 450° F (the range of temperatures is okay and choose the temperature that best suits the main dish that you are cooking on the grill)
- Place baking dish directly on grill and ideally over indirect heat (350 -450° F) for approximately 30 minutes. Give apples a stir once or twice while cooking.
- Cook to desired firmness.
Cut wedges in mostly skinny pieces but have a couple of larger pieces to vary texture of dish. Use a little more apple juice or water if you want a nice sauce to put over pork or chicken. Serve with vanilla ice-cream for a beautiful dessert.
If you want to cut down on sugar, use ½ the amount of brown sugar and use water rather than apple juice