Smoked Brownies with Strawberry Reduction
Take your brownies to the next level with smoke and a delicious strawberry reduction.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. hot cofffee or espresso
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Strawberry Reduction Ingredients
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Fresh whipped cream
- Finely chopped fresh basil
- Fill your Primo Grill 1/2 way up with Primo 100% natural charcoal and arrange the deflector plates into place. When the grill reaches 350 degrees, close both vents 3/4 of the way to maintain and hold the temperature.
- Line a 9x9 metal brownie pan with tin foil.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, hot coffee and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Transfer the sticky brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan and place in the Primo. Bake for 30 minutes, checking halfway through. When finished a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Strawberry Reduction Instructions
- Add all the ingredients into a medium saucepan. Use a potato masher to break up the strawberries and combine the ingredients.
- Place the pan onto the Primo after the brownies finish cooking. Close the lid and check on the mixture about every 15 minutes or so, continuing to mash up the strawberries as they cook. When it’s done, the mixture will have reduced by about 2/3 and will resemble a loose jam, about 30 minutes.