Merry's Smoked Butternut Squash with Poblano Cream
Smoked Butternut Squash Bisque with Poblano Cream is rich, creamy, comforting, and so delicious. Add a swirl of smoky and spicy poblano cream to the soup to kick up the heat and make it oh-so-pretty.
- Wash the outside of the butternut squash and dry. Pierce the squash 10 times with a fork to allow for steam to escape. Place butternut squash in the microwave, and cook on high for 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape and discard the seeds and membrane.
- Wash and dry the outside of the poblano pepper. Leave whole. Cut the onion in half lengthwise from stem end to root end. Cut just the tip of the root end off of the head of the garlic. Peel the apple and cut in quarters.
- Place onion bombs on indirect side of grill.
- Grill for 35 minutes.
- Move the onion bombs to the direct heat and baste with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Grill for another 10 minutes (or until the onions begin to caramelize
- Rest, serve, enjoy.