Grilled Banana Split
Grilled Banana Split is a great twist on a classic dessert.
- 1 banana for each person
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
Optional Toppings & Fillings
- Crumbled graham crackers
- Peanut butter chips
- Fresh strawberries or other fruit
- Cut a slit down the center of each banana through the peel to make a boat or canoe. Do not peel.
- Place in aluminum pan to hold boat upright.
- Open the bananas enough to add chocolate chips & marshmallows.
- Cook on the Primo at 250-350F or until chocolate & marshmallows melt
- Remove & top with whipped cream, pecans & cherries
- Set Grill for indirect cooking (use heat deflector plates) and heat to between 350 - 450° F (the range of temperatures is okay and choose the temperature that best suits the main dish that you are cooking on the grill)
- Place baking dish directly on grill and ideally over indirect heat (350 -450° F) for approximately 30 minutes. Give apples a stir once or twice while cooking.
- Cook to desired firmness.