Merry's Hickory Smoked Rotisserie Prime Top Sirloin
For 4 Persons
- 4 (6 oz) Prime Top Sirloin steaks
- 1/4 cup Primo Garlic & Pepper Seasoning and Rub
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut in 1-inch slices
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into halves with seeds removed
- 4 or 5 yellow or mini peppers, leave whol4e, optional
- 2-3 scallions, whole
- 1 whole garlic clove
- Prime Top Sirloin does not need to be trimmed. However, it is advised to remove steaks from the refrigerator 45-60 minutes before smoking, and season.
- Mix Primo Garlic & Pepper seasoning, cumin, coriander, and ancho powder. Generously season both sides of steak, cover, and set aside.
- Prepare and cut vegetables as indicated in the ingredient list.
- Fill the grill half-way with Primo lump charcoal. Preheat to 275-300°F and stabilize.
- Add 2 Hickory smoking chunks or smoking ch8unks of choice.
- Arrange 6 ounce top sirloins in 1 basket. Evenly arrange the other vegetables in the remaining baskets. Tighten the screws at each end of the basket to secure on to the rotisserie rod.
- Once there is blue smoke versus gray smoke drifting from the grill, mount the rotisserie frame and motor. Insert the motor's plug into the electrical socket but do not turn it on yet.
- Insert the rotisserie rod with the 3-sides basket into the Primo Rotisserie motor, and turn the motor on.
- Smoke the steaks for 20 minutes with the motor on.
- Transfer the 3-sided basket of steaks from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 115 degrees for rare, 125 for medium rare, 135 for medium.
- Place a cast iron skillet, iron pizza, or griddle directly on the coals. Open the vents for high heat. Wait until cast iron is very hot.
- When the searing surface reaches at least 450°F, brush the steaks and onions with avocado oil and sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes.
- Rest the meat about 10 minutes before serving. Add additional salt if desired. Serve with the mushrooms, peppers, and onions or whatever basket veggies you have.