A simple pizza dough recipe for 3 thin pizza crusts.
Cook Time1h 30m
For 6 Persons
- 1 packet dried active yeast (1 packet or about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6.75 fl oz warm water
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- Mix salt, sugar, water, and yeast in mixing bowl until combined.
- Gradually mix in olive oil and then leave in a warm place until the mixture gets a nice foamy top (about 10 minutes).
- Sift flour and add to the mixture and kneed until dough is no longer sticky. Add more sifted flour if you need.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large bowl and swish around to coat bowl.
- Roll the dough around bowl and then cover with clean towel for 1 ½ hours or until dough has doubled in size. Press the dough down to expel air.
- Cut up dough to make 3 thin pizzas.
- Sift a bit of flour on prep table and press down dough flat and sift just a small bit of flour on dough.
- Roll dough into circular shape. Once dough has been rolled out pick up and drape over both fist and use fist to continue stretching dough out (working fists away from each other).
- If you are feeling good about yourself give a try at throwing dough in the air and catching it on your fists. (Upward momentum with arms and spin fists and work them apart as pushing hands up) This is not hard to master and you will be sure to impress your friends and this does make pizza dough better.
- You are now ready to make your pizza…