Shot of Whiskey Chocolate Toffee Bread Pudding
You've never had bread pudding quite like this.
For 8-10 people
- 1 1/2 loaves bread, (about 18 oz) cubed to fill a 9”x13” baking pan
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white baking morsels
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons (1 shot) of vanilla bourbon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (or substitute)
- Place bread cubes in a generously greased grill safe 9” x 13” baking pan.
- Heat 2 cups of milk on high in the microwave, 2 minutes. Stir in white baking morsels and heat for one more minute; set aside.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, sugar, bourbon, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over bread cubes, and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee chips, and butterscotch chips. Pour milk with white baking morsels evenly over the top.
- Cover two Primo Heat Deflector Plates in aluminum foil.
- Use a full load of Primo Lump Charcoal and Set up grill for indirect heating using the Primo Heat Deflector Racks and Primo Ceramic Heat Deflector Plates. Insert grill racks.
- Close the dome with the bottom draft door and top fully open. Allow the temperature to reach a steady 400°F.
- Place the baking pan with bread pudding in the center of the Primo Oval Ceramic Grill. Close the dome and set the timer for 50 minutes. Turn the bread pudding pan with grill gloves, from front to back, at the 25 minutes mark.
- Whiskey Chocolate Toffee Bread Pudding is done when the center has set with an internal temperature between 185°F and 204°F, about 60 minutes total.